- Not recommended for use on smooth glazed ceramic or porcelain tile, as surface must be rough-textured to ensure adequate bonding.
- Do not allow product to come in contact with any non-recommended surface.
- Not recommended for use in or around pools, showers or areas subject to standing water.
- Not recommended for use on countertops.
- Keep surface clean and dry to reduce possibility of slip-fall accidents.
USE CHEMICAL-RESISTANT GLOVES, such as nitrile, when handling the product. The surface should be dry, clean and free of waxes, sealers, or finishes. Do not apply directly over silicone sealers, oil or wax-based finishes. Aqua Mix® Sealer & Coating Remover will strip the surface and remove wax or old acrylic finishes. Place a few drops of water on various tiles. If water doesn’t penetrate, additional removal is necessary. New installations need to be dry at least 48 hours before application. Clay and Saltillo tile may require extended drying time depending on temperature and humidity. Make sure the tiles are completely dry before application. Test product in an inconspicuous area to ensure desirable results.
Application of Product
Read the entire label before using. For new installations, sealer can be applied as soon as 48 hours after grouting. The surface must be clean, dry and free of existing sealers and coatings. Apply 2-3 coats of sealer with a clean dense sponge, brush or paint pad applicator in thin, even coats. Allow 30 minutes of drying time between coats. Avoid puddling.
The Stone, Tile or Grout must be dry prior to applying sealer – the following document explains in detail the definition of the term “dry” as it relates to sealer application.
Apply over clean stone or tile a minimum of 2 hours prior to grouting – follow application procedures above.
- Ready for surface traffic 6 hours after final coat.
- Keep the area dry for at least 12 hours.
- Achieves a full cure in 24 hours.
Cleaning of equipment
Clean tools with mineral spirits immediately after use